PACE for UK schools
Tusk and Siren Conservation Education have worked with teachers and Development Education experts to create educational resources for UK schools, based on the PACE packs used in conservation education programmes across Africa.
The resources are available in return for a donation to Tusk, which goes towards shipping PACE packs to Africa.
“Unique and positive case studies…”
RISC Development Education Centre
“An excellent resource showing positive images of Africa, with really well thought-out activities and discussion points.”
Global Dimension website (Full article link)
Teaching Geography magazine recommends PACE DVDs "to any geography teacher as it creates a very positive outlook that combines many aspects of development such as population and resources, urban issues, sustainability and local action."
Full article link.
Secondary school resources
Explore the diversity of Africa and put global issues in context
- Maps, learning activities and lesson plans with video clips and ICT options
- Mysteries, creative enquiries, role plays and group work to develop thinking, listening and presentation skills
- Curriculum and exam syllabus links
- Case studies around citizenship and global dimension themes of sustainability and interdependence
Project ideas for positive action and international school partnerships
PACE Virtual Explorer for Geography
Ten case studies from Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania and Zambia
- DEVELOPMENT: Microcredit, Ecotourism, Human-Elephant Conflict
- URBAN ISSUES: Ecological Sanitation, Urban Greening
- WATER: Making Water Safe to Drink, Rainwater Harvesting
- RESOURCES: Wood-carving, Fuel Efficient Stoves, Plastic Bags
- More details
Order PACE Virtual Explorer for Geography from Tusk Trust.
Download Order Form
PACE Virtual Explorer for Secondary Science
Six case studies from Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania and Zambia
- ENERGY: Biogas, Hydroelectric Power
- RESOURCES: Marine Conservation, Recycling Rubbish
- FOOD PRODUCTION: Nitrogen Fixing Plants, Permaculture
- More details
Order PACE Virtual Explorer for Science from Tusk Trust.
Download Order Form
This leaflet describes how you can use the PACE films and book to enhance Africa topics in your school.
International School Partnerships
This leaflet provides ideas for practical activities and lessons which could be used to develop the environmental theme within your school partnership.
Please get in touch with Nancy Gladstone - firstname.lastname@example.org - if you’d be interested in developing an environmental project as part of your international school partnership.
- The Bateleurs
- Big Life Foundation
- Borana Conservancy
- Botswana Predator Conservation Trust
- C3 Madagascar
- Chimpanzee Rehabilitation Project
- Coaching for Conservation
- Conservation Lower Zambezi
- Conservation Through Public Health
- Durrell Madagascar
- Cross River Gorilla Project
- Kanyunga Primary and Secondary Schools
- Kilimani School
- Koiyaki Guiding School
- Lamu Marine Conservation Trust
- Lewa Wildlife Conservancy
- Lilongwe Wildlife Centre
- Local Ocean Trust
- The Mali Elephant Project
- The Malilangwe Trust
- Manyangalo Water Project
- Milgis Trust
- Mkomazi National Park
- Mkuu Water Project
- Mokolodi Nature Reserve
- Mountain Bongo Surveillance Project
- Mount Kenya Trust
- Northern Rangelands Trust
- Ntugi Secondary School
- Olare Orok Conservancy
- Painted Dog Conservation
- Ruaha Carnivore Project
- Rugusu Primary School
- Rugusu Water Project
- Save the Rhino Trust
- Save Valley Conservancy
- Save the Waterberg Rhino
- Serenegti Rabies Vaccination Project
- Southern African Wildlife College
- South Luangwa Conservation Society
- Uganda Conservation Foundation
- Vulture Conservation Project
- Walikale Gorilla and Forest Conservation
- Lewa Education Programme
The Charity has earned its glowing reputation by investing in groundbreaking initiatives that help to provide a better future for growing communities and wildlife alike.